Saturday, June 3, 2017

When in Rome... No wait. When in SIENA!

Italia! Buongiorno! It's been great to me thus far. Our apartment on the other hand has not. None of our phones an seem to connect securely to the wifi which is unfortunate. However, my laptop magically does connect! So here I am, blogging away during a break today. 
So to update, I flew into Rome and then took a bus to Sienna. The bus ride was about 4 hours and for half that time I rested my eyes (in Italy that means passed out) and the second half, I got to look at the beautiful country side around me. Wanna know some great news? I haven't felt jet-lagged! #blessed

My group of eight is awesome. All girls and one guy. We have already done SO much walking. We walk to get dinner, to hop on the train, to ride the bus, to shop, and eat gelato. But boy oh boy do I love all the walking. Really! It feels invigorating. We even walked a pilgrimage trail to a castle! See epic pic below (we were all extremely tired and hot from walking in the tuscan sun so please keep that in mind).

I have not felt any culture shock yet either. It feels different being in a different country with surroundings abnormal to me, but much of it seems like a dream. There should be a psych term where your brain thinks you're only going somewhere for a short amount of time even though you will be there a long time, you know? Anyone know that term? Please let me know when you figure it out. 
I want to take pictures of every little thing. The vibrant pots of flowers in every window pane. The lines upon lines of mopeds. The forgotten, secluded alley ways. The well dressed people. The mouth watering meats, cheeses, and breads. The rows upon rows of vineyards. 
But for now, I will be selfish and keep the most vivid photos in my mind and heart. Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment