Sunday, July 2, 2017

You Thought You Got Rid of Me

I bet you all thought you got rid of me! Well shame on you because I'm still around even though my summer semester abroad is over. But yeah! Things have been great. I know you were all so worried I would just abandon my blog but I will do a big reflection as a last post. For now, I am still adventuring!

Like I said, my program ended on the 30th of June and then I will be staying in a hostel in Milan with my world traveler friend, Jared, while traveling to other cities and countries until July 6th. We got Venice, Nice France, and Zurich Switzerland on the list of places to go and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Let me tell y'all. Being done with a semester feels to liberating! I don't have any papers to write or time constrictions. I just get to relax. The semester ended on a good note and I felt like everything was wrapped up really nicely. All the hard work I put in paid off and I received good grades and learned a crazy new artistic vocabulary. I'm so grateful I had that chance to learn while in a different country and be able to see art, architecture, and food in its original context. But I would highly recommend anyone studying abroad to extend your stay for a bit and go somewhere new and exciting with a friend or someone from your program! It's an awesome experience to also vacation in new scenery without having to do school work at the same time. You learn a lot about yourself and what makes a good hostel. As a young, white, American woman I wanted to go extend my stay but I felt so unsafe doing that myself. So thank goodness I have Jared!




Shout out to Jared for being awesome and wanting to do some more exploring with me. We became friends a year ago while working at the same job and being in the same church and I'm so glad we did. He is so knowledgeable and planned out everything we would do with his free time. Jared Richard is going to be the Ambassador for Bulgaria some day so every keep your ears to the ground! 

Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment